Thursday, March 27, 2014

Animagic...al

Sometimes I go to toy stores and I find something for $5 that I know absolutely nothing about and still have to buy immediately. This is how I acquired a pack of Animagic Rescue Pets. The website for the brand is here. Animagic comes to us from the UK's Vivid Toys and Games.


The pack gives you 5 plastic animals, all of which feature an "injury" spot that disappears with the application of heat (AKA your finger).  I was drawn to these toys mostly for the rabbit, and I sorted through the sets to find which other pets besides that particular rabbit I liked the best.  This particular cat and dog sold me on this package.  The sets are assorted, rather than being figures #1-5 in package A, #6-10 in package B etc.  The reverse side of the packaging lists all the possible pets.

This earns an A in packaging from me! Always tell the customers what the options are!!

It looks like I've gotten Flopsy, Daisy, Millie, and Biscuit.  You can probably count, so you may notice that this is only 4 pets rather than 5.  That's because the 5th one is the real reason I had to buy this set: it's hiding in this box:


This little cardboard carrier has a lot of detail printed on it and surely would provide a lot of play value after it has stopped serving its purpose as a blind box.  Fun fact: I can very nearly get all 5 of the animals in this box, though not while it's closed! Let's find out what's in the mystery box...


Yep, it's a pink, metallic rabbit!  I was a bit surprised to find this waiting for me inside the box, but I'm pleased with it.  It also makes me wonder if all of the mystery pets are metallic and/or pink.  I quite like this set, though I think the scale of the horse/pony is a bit strange, and I do wonder about the wisdom of the color changing injuries (i.e. if the discoloration were activated by cold and removed with heat, the animals could appear healthy during normal play, rather than injured UNLESS heat is applied).  The commercial for them is here.



1 comment:

  1. The cardboard carrier is very neat! I haven't seen these in stores, but I have seen the larger Animagic pets that are similar to Fur'real Friends. I'll have to give them a closer look now that I've read this.

    ReplyDelete