Friday, April 4, 2014

Labbits





 Let's talk about big kid toys. I don't have much in the way of collectible toys (aimed at adult collectors rather than children), but possibly my favorite of the ones I do own are from Kid Robot. Specifically, I love Frank Kozik's Happy Labbits. My labbit was a gift several years ago from a friend. We first saw them in our local record store and not long after that, Evan the labbit was given to me. There are several versions of this figure, each having a different selection of objects that can be placed in its mouth. Mine has a popsicle, a hot dog, a bit of plant, and a gas mask.






 I much prefer Happy Labbits over Smorkin' Labbits, but they all have their charms, I suppose. While we're on the subject of labbits, I have a small plush blind box one as well. As you can see, it's purple and has a mustache. I see from the website that they have expanded the facial hair offerings of labbits to beards as well as mustaches. I confess that I prefer my original vinyl labbit.



 Kid Robot also sells the Yummy World (formerly Yummy Breakfast/Dessert) of Heidi Kenney. I have one of these as well: a small, fuzzy strawberry. I admit that in buying this blind box, I was hoping to acquire the waffle, but they are all pretty cute for sentient food toys.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I'm not the only one catching wonderful one-liners such as, "I was hoping to acquire the waffle..." If I am, the world is stupid and needs to get with the program. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete